The Coffee Shop

Look at them, 
they with their wide eyes and toothy smile.
Look at them in the corner,
waiting for their order.

The bell chimes.
They all look up and see him standing their.
His red eyes gleamed as his gold teeth flashed.
The lights flickered as they shivered.

The coffee went cold and the sandwich hard.
My hands shook, my body went numb.
He sat down on an empty chair,
the chair opposite me.

His smile seemed sinister, 
his eyes full of danger.
Yet I was not afraid of him.
"Come with me", said he.

I could not move for I could not look
at anything but them.
Their corner seemed cold,
their order forgotten.

The bird swooped down to his shoulder,
and he stroked it with utmost care.
I watched as the raven look with
black eyes as I stared at the corner, at them.

Look at them, 
quivering with fear.
They crouched in fear,
a smile adorned his sinister face.

"One, two, three" he counted
and then with a flash he left.
In his place stayed the raven,
my eyes now red.

They stared at the marks on my neck
as I walked towards them.
My hands did not shake,
my eyes softened.

I reached them before they could say "Stop."
I smiled a sinister smile,
my red eyes and gold teeth gleamed.
I walked out into the rain.

They found them the next morning,
Their face paled
and their eyes filled with fear as they saw them there. 
There was no blood, but the mark on their pale necks. 

Comments

Popular Posts