The Ocean made of Stars

I had a dream, a glorious dream in which I was flying. The stars were like water, if I touched them they would move. I was weightless, like a feather. Then I was a bird and suddenly I am became a turtle, swimming in the ocean, the ocean made of stars. I was powerful, I had the strength of a million elephants. I pushed the water aside and the sun came up. It played hide and seek with me. I surfed on the waves that radiated from the sun, trying to touch it, but it moved away. It hid behind the planets, as I chased it round and round. My feet touched the soft grass as I found myself looking at earth and the moon. They stood side by side; powerful, beautiful and extraordinary. "Look at me", I heard a voice that had no source. "Look at me!" the voice cried once more. I blinked. Then came the another voice. It was a beautiful voice, like the first sun rays to hit the earth. "Let her be", it said, "let her sleep". I blinked. Everything went dark. Then came the light. It blinded me. I could not see. The dream dissolved into a distant memory. I was back on solid ground once more. I still look at the stars sometimes, when no one is looking. I wonder if it was really a dream or a distant reality. 

Comments

Popular Posts