The Dream


I had a dream last night. I was standing on top of a hill. The wind was blowing as if a storm was coming.  I heard him call my name. I tried to see him but he seemed so faraway, unattainable. He kept calling my name, saying it over and over again. I tried to answer him but no words formed in my mind as a single thought overwhelmed it. Burning lemons. I could smell lemons burning in the wind. He called out to me again and I could finally seem, though just his silhouette.  He walked towards me, slowly, almost painfully. I couldn’t move, I could breathe. It seemed as of I was paralyzed. I tried to reach out to him, make him come faster but it was in vain. It was as if my own mind was mocking me.  He finally reached me and I could breathe again. He smiled at me and my heart felt as of it could burst out of chest. His fingertips brushed my cheeks. He came a step closer to me, so close that I could feel him, his warmth, but not touch him. His fingers curled around a strand of my hair. Our lips almost touched and then he was gone. He disappeared as if he had never even existed. All that was left of him was a ghostly touch and the smell of burning lemons.

Comments

Popular Posts